One Month Emergency Food Supply Kit
Wise Brand One Month Emergency Food Supply Kit. We are a few dollars less than the factory due to our history of bulk orders. . Buy from us and save. Plus check out all the other preparedness products we have, food is just one component that you will need.
Due to recent disaster events - the factory is scrambling to fill demand. Current backorder is 3 weeks. Place your order, be patient, we always deliver.
Note: These are different than backpacker meals. These are packaged for longer shelf life and for use in a base camp or kitchen scenario where you have access to pots and pans. Unlike backpack meals the bags are not single serving, rather they contain 4 servings per bag.
From an actual Customer after the May 2013 Oklahoma City F5 Tornado:
“Our Wise Food Storage product arrived and we put it to good use with the tornadoes that tore through our area here in Oklahoma. We had minor damage to our house but thankfully we still have a house and it’s habitable now that there’s a tarp on our roof. There’s nothing left of the houses north of us and there were fatalities and injuries in our valley community.
We had no power after the tornado we cooked the Wise meals over a sterno stove from the camping gear we had stored in our storm cellar. I used bottled water we had stored to rehydrate the packets of food. A hot meal did much for keeping our morale and spirits good after this terrifying disaster. The meal was easy to prepare and was filling.
We’ll definitely be sharing what we have ordered with our friends and neighbors so they can think about stocking a few pails with their supplies in their storm cellars too!
Food storage is definitely a good investment and easy to keep on hand for recovery after natural disasters.”
These meal buckets are packaged and assembled to order to give you longest maxiumum shelf life. It takes 3 - 4 days to assemble, please be patient. Factory is shipping as fast as they are able.
Better than MREs - these have a 25 year shelf life. More efficient package beats MREs as a true long term preparedness and survival solution. Beats Costco survival food kits on taste, usability, quality and smart packaging. Whether in an urban or suburban environment, being prepared is crucial. Read on - if you're going to depend on a product - it has to be the wise choice.
Better than Mountain House #10 Cans. The problem with #10 cans is that they can fail. They can dent, which may break the seal and cause spoilage. They can rust, again breaking seal and contaminating contents. Number 10 round can have a shape that is inefficient for storage. They do not lock togther when stacked so are prone to falling (and denting). The round shape also demands airspace between stacks, wasting valuable food storage space. Cans also require a specific tool (can opener) to open which can be difficult in a survival situation.
This Wise Food Bucket Kit is a square stackable 15" x 12" x 10" sealed bucket that has Four Weeks of Food for one adult - 56 Servings = 2 Servings per day. Or ration between 4 adults for a one week supply. Flat Rate $10 shipping per bucket. We can only offer this shipping rate to the 48 contiguous United States. This product cannot ship internationally.
Wise Foods is the brand but this product should really be called SMART ! Read on to see why this well thought out solution should be in every emergency preparedness kit. Whether is be for wild fire, civil unrest, tsunami, earthquake, flood, tornado - whatever the emergency is - you need a store of food.
This economical kit works out to about $2 per serving. Want to build up a ONE year supply but can't afford to buy 12 buckets at once ? Buy a bucket a month. We'll deliver. You will build up your supply over time.
Products and Number of Servings within this bucket (menus may vary slightly over time):
* Chicken Ala King with Rice (4)
* Savory Stroganoff & Noodles (4)
* Cheesy Lasagna (4)
* Pasta Alfredo (4)
* Hearty Tortilla Soup (4)
* Teriyaki & Rice (4)
* Chili Macaroni (4)
* Brown Sugar & Maple Multi Grain Cereal (12)
* Granola (8)
* Apple Cinnamon Cereal (8)
The meals are generously proportioned, tasty, healthy meals. Cost is less than $2 per serving. Protein is provide by textured vegetable protien (a meat substitute). Prep time is 10 - 12 minutes with boiling water.
These Emergency Food Buckets are perfect for any unplanned emergency or disaster. The ready-made meals are packed in airtight Mylar pouches equipped with oxygen remover pouches, and then encased in a durable plastic bucket. The unique packaging process removes the majority of the residual oxygen is each package ensuring long term freshness. These Wise Grab and Go Food Kits offer a shelf life of 25 years, longer shelf life than MREs (5 - 7 years) with absolutely no rotation needed
Note: While these kits provide the CORE BASIC SUBSISTENCE for a 1 Month Food Supply they do not include the complete FDA recommended daily food and calorie intake per person. Additional food requirements such as multivitamins, fresh vegetables and fruits, side dish and other items should be supplemented to maintain maximum health, if possible.
Calories required per person per day varies from person to person, depending upon age and other factors as well as the situation (for example - on the move versus camped in place). Please review the
ingredients - it is important to consider the ingredients when committing to a food storage kit (family member food allergies, religious dietary requirements, vegetarian / vegan etc.). All of the meals in this kit are vegetarian.
May contain one or more of the following: Egg, Milk, Wheat, Soy and Tree Nuts. Meals are produced on machinery that also processes meals with Egg, Milk, Wheat, Soy and Tree Nuts.
The 56 serving bucket provide 2 adult servings of food per day for four weeks. The meals are packed in tough foil mylar packets. The packets are further protected in an easy to carry, rodentproof, waterproof, bugproof, tamperproof square sealed 4 gallon bucket. The bucket handles are rounded to be easy on the fingers. The total weight of the bucket is under 10 lbs. Not tested as a Personal Flotation Device but the bucket loaded with food will float upright in water. This kit can also be used as a 1 week supply by rationing between 4 adults, or a family with 2 adults with 4 children.
Advantages of the Wise Kit System over Alternatives:
1. Oxygen Flushed Pouch: Wise Foods' ready-made meals are packed in airtight pouches. This vastly increases the shelf life to over 25 years (versus 4-5 years for canned food). It also simplifies the preparation process by not having to first locate and then remove an oxygen absorber from each individual pouch.
2. Mylar Family-size 4-serving Foil Pouch: The unique packaging also adds incredible value to our products by making it easier to store, eat, and further prolong the shelf life of each individual meal. Instead of using #10 cans-which when opened force you to eat enormous amounts of that particular food all at once to prevent rapid spoilage - this kits packages each meal in its own separate mylar pouch, thus eliminating waste. It's basically a flexible tin can that gives you the ability to eat what you want, when you want.
3. Square Plastic Container and Grab-and-Go Handle: The safe-keeping of your food is taken a step further by adding another layer of security placing these 4-serving pouches into compact, 4-gallon tamper-evident sealed bucket (bucket is resealable once opened). These square buckets are very easy to stack and store. The square shape minimizes space (15" x 12" x 10" )required. Because we don't waste space by using and boxing round #10 cans Wise food storage is much more compact and takes significantly less space. The buckets keep out dust, moisture, rodents, insects and light, assuring your food supply is not compromised during storage. Also, because the buckets are small and light (~10 lbs) and equipped with a handle, even children are able to grab and carry a month's supply of food, if needed. If you are placed in an emergency situation these buckets can also serve several other purposes, such as water collection, water filtration (see bucket filter sold in sidebar), scavening, digging, or disposing of waste.
4. Stackable Design: Each container is notched on the bottom to ensure stackability. They stack like building blocks and resist falling over. In no more space than a washer and dryer takes up, you can store enough ready-made meals to feed a family of 6 for a full year.
5. Re-sealable Pull Tab Lid: Have you ever tried to open the lid of a 5-gallon paint bucket? As you know it can be a real pain. Wise's unique bucket contains an easy-to-open, easy-to-close re-sealable pull tab lid.
6. Freeze-Dry and Dehydration Processes Wise Foods controls and performs their OWN production and freeze-dried and dehydration processes. Other major vendors simply relabel packaged from an outside company. This permits Wise to test at every level of production to ensure optimal taste, texture and nutritional value. Plus they taste test and and modify process to optimize results. One such example - they discovered that expensive ingredients such as peas and other vegetables are best when freeze-dried. Other ingredients like noodles and onions actually taste better when dehydrated.
In freeze-drying, the product is first flash frozen and then placed in a vacuum drying chamber. This process removes 98% of the water and moister without affecting the taste, color, form or nutritional value of the food item.
The Dehydration Process - In dehydration, food product moves through a drying chamber where air removes the moisture from the food. This occurs at low temperatures so that the nutritional profile stays intact.
7.) Freeze-Dried and Dehydrated Advantages over cans and other emergency strategies:
* Food maintains its original flavor, shape, color, and texture
* Food retains its nutritional value
* Food is condensed in size
* With nearly all its water extracted, food is extremely light weight
* With addition of water, food is quickly and completely reconstituted
* Extremely Long Shelf Life
8. Affordable Official USDA statistics reveal that the average cost to feed a family of 2 adults and 4 children is $14,955.60 per year. Wise's ready-made meals run about $1.80 a serving, making them truly affordable. Our prices are low because we want to work with you to help protect your most important asset, your family.
Because the meals have a 25-year shelf life and won't need to be rotated every few years like other food storage products, they will save you thousands of dollars long-term. By investing in Wise meals, through the years will again save thousands of dollars. In an emergency, food may be worth more than diamonds or gold
9. Easy to Prepare Traditional food storage items can be time-consuming and difficult to prepare. Hours of grinding wheat or soaking beans can be labor-intensive and taxing not to mention leaving you with a "meal" that's hardly appetizing. With Wise Foods' ready-made meals, simply add hot water, wait 10-20 minutes, and you're ready to eat.
10. Minimal Storage Area Typical food storage can take an incredible amount of space to store that most families don't have. Other food storage companies will want you to purchase a year's supply comprising as many as 85 large cases full of awkward and bulky #10 cans. Wise Foods Buckets you can store enough freeze-dried meals to feed a family of 6 for a full year in no more space than is taken up by a washer and dryer.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I try the meals before buying? Yes use the link above to order a low cost sample
Where should I store my Wise Foods? This depends upon where you live. Meals made up of both freeze-dried and dehydrated components are affected by temperature, moisture and light. Optimal storage conditions for our meals are in cool, dry places. .
How much water will I need? On average, each individual serving requires 1 cup of water.
Do I have to use boiling water? Hot water speeds up the process of reconstitution. Wise meals will be ready to eat more quickly when hot water is used. However, many of the meals can be re-hydrated and ready to eat with any temperature of water.
How are the meals packaged? The meals are packaged in mylar pouches that each hold 4 adult servings. These pouches are then arranged in durable polyethylene buckets for easy storage.
How long do the meals last in storage? Up to 25 years. For optimal storage life it is suggested that food be stored in a cool, dry place, such as a basement. Optimal temperature is 50-55° F.
What alternative uses are there for your product? In addition to storing Wise meals for an emergency situation a number of customers have found our product to be versatile enough to be consumed on a day-to-day basis. Entrees are also often used on camping, hunting and backpacking trips. Others pull them from the pantry at home or take them to work when they don t have time to prepare a meal or go out for lunch.
"I originally purchased Wise Food Storage with the purpose of being better prepared in case of emergency. But because the meals taste so good and are packaged in individual pouches we found ourselves using the meals not only for emergency preparedness but also every day use." -Heidilyn Thrapp, Hyrum UT
"My experience with Wise Company has been an incredible one. As a new salesman for the company, I was approached a couple of months ago by the owner, asking if I'd be willing to take the Wise Challenge. This consisted of living off of a single 84-serving bucket for an entire month with only water to drink. At first I was hesitant to commit, but then I thought that if my job was to help other families be prepared, I needed to know from experience that Wise Company was the right choice. At the start of this challenge, I noticed the meals were super easy to prepare, and it only took a matter of minutes. Just boil some water, pour in the food, stir, cool and eat. I became a great cook! I will have to say, the meals taste great! The serving sizes were generous and filling…. I've never been a big breakfast eater, but after this challenge, I love my Honey Glazed Granola! The pancakes can also double as muffins, a great afternoon snack! The most important thing I learned from accepting this challenge is that, if I and my family were to be involved in an emergency situation, I know we would be okay with our Wise Company Food Storage. The peace of mind knowing we are prepared is worth all of the budgeting, planning and sacrifice it took to make our food storage useable and complete." -Joe Rieck, St. George UT
"We went four days straight eating nothing but Wise Food, and our kids loved it; they didn't get tired of it . . . In fact, while eating the cheesy lasagna, one of my twin five-year-old boys turned to me and said, 'Dad, this is the best noodles you ever made! . . . My wife and I are kind of picky eaters, and we really liked the meals. They didn't have the aftertaste of other freeze-dried food we've tried. We were pretty pumped about that!" -Stefan Mamual, Evanston, WY
"We just moved to Manhattan for two years while my husband goes to graduate school, and one thing I insisted on bringing with us was a three-month supply of Wise Food, which I'm stashing in different spots around the apartment. With a three-year-old and one on the way, it's comforting to know it's there in case of emergency." -Heidi Foss, New York, NY
"Our past food storage experience has been a process of storing and wasting. No matter how hard we tried to rotate and use our storage, we always ended up with cans of expired food. With Wise Food Storage, we are done . . . and we don't have to worry for the next 25 years". -Chris Shill, Layton UT