Remember the Rule: Always carry at least 2 ways to start a fire. These ultralight matches can be carried with the included extra striker at almost a zero weight penalty. 3 matches and a striker in 2 separate small plastic waterproof zip loc bags (not included) total carry weight is just 3.9 grams (about the same as a disposable Bic Ink pen).
These burn LONG and HOT. The are NOT STRIKE ANYWHERE and must be struck across the included strike pad. That is for your safety. You do not want these intense burn matches going off in your pocket.
The Industrial Revolution Ultimate Wind proof Water proof Storm proof Matches. Each match is easy to Light and stays lit -- even under water. Long Burn time, extra long stick for safety. For safety, these will only light when striked on box strike patch. Strikers should never be stored in same container as matches. Extra strikers are included in case you want to customize your own match case, by gluing on a striker.
Note: For safety and regulatory reasons, when matches are included in a purchase, we have to convert your entire order to GROUND SHIPPING, mark as hazardous. Be aware that it may take a few days longer to receive a ground shipment.
Unlike other “waterproof” or “windproof” matches, the Stormproof matches are easy to light, and will stay lit for up to 15 seconds. They even relight after being doused in water! Rain is no problem for these matches - they light in damp conditions
Being able to reliably make a fire is vital for cooking, generating
warmth, and in survival situations, making signal fires.
The Stormproof Matches are perfect for camping and
Stormproof matches should be part of every 10 Essentials check list for your emergency survival kit or just your ordinary backpack and camp bag.
Each box contains 25 matches with box side striker and spare strikers.
Campfire Waterproof Windproof Storm Match Features:
* Easy to light, and relights after being doused!
* 15 second burn time is nearly 3 times as long as other “wind proof” matches.
* Stormproof Matches are 2-3/4 inches long, much longer than other brands. In addition to a longer burn time, this extended length allows for added safety to keep from burning fingertips.
* Matches and Striker fit perfectly in hollow handle of survival knives (sold in sidebar).
* 3 of the matches can be stored in the mini test tubes (sold in sidebar) but must be trimmed by 1/4"
* Strikers can fit in test tubes if they are cut lengthwise.
* Always TRY to keep your matches and strikers dry. If matches become excessively wet (underwater for hours), dry them out before using as they will become soft underwater.
* Dry strikers are very important - use the enclosed plastic to keep them dry
* Matches are designed to ignite on striker pads - this is a safety feature - keep strikers isolated from matches during transit (plastic bag).
* If matches are wet from raindrops, shake off excess or dry against your shirt / pant fabric before lighting
Note: Matches are extra long - if you use the waterproof match box sold in the sidebar - you may have to trim about 1/8" of the wood handle. The matches will fit and work well after trimming. Remember to keep striker in plastic so it does not accidentally ignite the matches during transport.
See Clear Container sold in sidebar - perfect to carry these matches and keep them dry and intact. Remember to keep striker stored in plastic bag to prevent accidental ignition during transport.
Shipping Note: Matches are considered hazardous materials during shipment and MUST GO GROUND. Adding matches to your order will cause the entire order to be shipped ground which is 3-10 day delivery. There is no discount for ground shipments as there are extra marking and packaging requirements for hazardous shipments.
Better product than the model featured in the Restoration Hardware catalogue, and without the fancy price tag.