Ultralight Portable Backpack Refrigerator
Ultralight (less than an ounce, about 24 grams) Portable Backpack Refrigerator. Is it really a refrigerator ? No, but you will feel like you have one with this lightweight insulated cooling pouch in your backpack.
We love this for our first day dinner. Foil Wrap and Freeze some pieces of steak, fish, chicken, anything you want to grill. This portable Fridge pouch will easily handle pieces up to 2.5" thick (recently we took 2 New York Steaks that measured 7" long x 2.25" wide x 1.5" thick). At the trailhead take the food from your cooler and slip it into this pouch and seal. The insulated, reflective, padded "refrigerator" will ride in your backpack or bear container. It permits the frozen meal to slowly thaw. It is thawed and ready for grilling by dinner time.
There is nothing better than enjoying a nice Filet Mignon or some fine cheese in your backcountry camp - 14 miles from civilization, while your buddies eat rehydrated meals.
Double Duty ! After you enjoy your steak, use this pouch as a Warming Cozy for your dehydrated meal packs. Tuck your dehydrated backpack meal packs inside, add hot water and seal for rehydration. The insulated pouch keeps your hot meal hot longer.
This padded foil pouch measures 8 x11 inches, big enough for a couple servings of whatever you desire.
It can keep food cold for up to 24 hours - great for that first day meal.
Add frozen cool packs to extend time.
After you use it to keep food cool, you can continue to use it on your backpack trip in another way. When adding hot water to dehydrated backpack meals, the instructions call for resealing it and letting it sit for 5-10 minutes. We like to use the backpack fridge to create a tent over the rehydrating meals to help keep the heat in. Works Great !
* 3/16 inch thick foil laminated, metalized bubble walls - cushions and protects.
* Outside is highly reflective - can be used to mark a camp or double as a signal for emergency rescue.
* FDA compliant inner liner for incidental contact with food
* For longer cooling times - Add Cold Packs, Cold Bricks, Dry ice (follow usage precautions when handling dry ice), or even a bag of plain ice cubes
* Ultralight Featherweight Reusable Solution
* Self seal with 2 inch lip
* Weight 20 grams (0.8 ounces)