An AA flashlight is simply one which runs on AA batteries, and as these are one of the easiest type of battery to find, it makes sense that an AA LED flashlight is a popular choice amongst many types of user. Unfortunately for buyers, there are hundreds of flashlights of this type on the market, so choosing between them becomes difficult. Here, we’ve rounded up some of the best and brightest AA flashlight options out there, to suit all types of usage. So, if you are looking for the best AA flashlight, read on to find out more about our top picks.
Top 10 AA Flashlights
You will now find our top 10 picks of the best AA flashlights on the market today, so there’s sure to be something here to suit your needs.
1. 1TAC TC1200 PRO
This small yet powerful bright flashlight is very tough and very compact. It is used by the US Military, Police & First Responders for a very good reason. It is made from aircraft grade aluminium making it extra strong… heck its even been to space and back in testing with no issues at all.
It has a magnetic base so it can be used hands-free and has a built-in clip for attaching to trousers while on the move.
This flashlight comes with high, low and intelligent strobe modes. The TC12000 has a rechargeable battery but can also be used with normal AA-batteries. I would suggest stocking up on non-rechargeable batteries because if the power grid goes out you won’t have much luck charging them.
The incredible brightness gives an intense 1200 lumen beam that can reach up to 2 miles in distance.
This TC1200 Pro is now available to the public for the first time which is amazing news for outdoorists like me.
This flashlight truly is awesome, up there with this list of best flashlight available. I have tested hundreds of flashlights and none others come close.
Here are some key factors why it is my highest rated survival flashlight:
- Lighting – Brightest and Highest Visibility – 1200 lumens and 2 miles in distance.
- Durable – Made From Aircraft Aluminium – Light and Durable
- Waterproof – Fully Waterproof sealed casing of the lamp and power box.
- Fireproof – Yes it is fireproof for up to 5 minutes
- Real Life Uses – This flashlight is used by the country’s emergency teams and military
2. Streamline ProTac 2AA
ProTac 2AA is among of the top efficient AA flashlights, mostly because of how convenient it is. If you’re looking for something that is both portable and cheap, while at the same time giving plenty of light, you should take an extra look at this AA flashlight.
- Crafted with high quality materials
- Uses 2 AA alkaline batteries
- It has push button switch with numerous functions and various modes
- Has C4 LED that is impenetrable to any kind of impact
- Detachable clip for easier carrying
- Resistant to water
3. Nitecore MT2A
Nitecore MT2A is considered as one of the most broadly used products because of the availability of their batteries and the various modes it features. If you are looking for an extraordinary yet small flashlight then try this one.
- Uses 345 lumens LED that supplies optimum illumination
- Beam reaches about 166 yards
- Battery powered with 2x AA batteries
- Three brightness modes along with strobe and SoS
- Includes a tactical and durable loop holster
4. Thorfire TG06
Thorfire TG06 is another product filled with nifty technicalities. This is a single AA LED flashlight that packs a punch, powered by just one alkaline battery it can output a power of 300 lumens. That’s pretty crazy if you ask me ,and considering that this is the cheapest AA flashlight out there, you’re getting a whole lot for your moneys worth.
- Can be powered by one AA battery or one 14500-battery
- Made with special alloy material guaranteed to last you a life time
- Weighs a mere 1.3 ounces
- Comes with a handy detachable clip, perfect for belts and pockets
5. Fenix E12
Fenix E12 is among of the best aa flashlight because of its outstanding performance, long lasting battery life, has really good performance and is also very affordable. It’s not much bigger than a single AA-battery and packs 130 lumen, not too shabby! If durability is your major concern then this model is basically a perfect match for you.
- Special LED with a longer lasting performance of several hours
- Wider range of illumination
- Provides various modes
- Manufactured with high quality aluminum materials
- Water resistant
6. UltraFire SK68
UltraFire is another known manufacturer. This model is a highly popular flashlight, that is very cheap as well. Some of my favorite features of this light are the three light modes, adjustable focus, 300 lumen output and of course, the tactical design.
- Small size that allows user to carry it everywhere
- Made from lightweight aluminum materials
- Brightness is not affected by its size since it uses a CREE Q5 LED
- Powered by AA battery
- Water resistant
7. 200 Lumen Mini Bonfire
If you’ve been paying attention, this AA-flashlight should oddly familiar. Want a hint? It’s basically a knock off/rebrand of the popular UltraFire SK68. Now it might just be the housing that’s identical, because specification wise they’re a little different. Instead of 300 lumen, the Bright Medic light outputs about 200. It’s compact and uses only a single AA battery to operate.
- 200 lumens
- O-ring makes it resistant to rain
- LED-light is rater to last over 100,000 hours
- Made from tough anodized aluminum
- Powered with single AA Battery, which is also included
8. Maglite Mini Incandescent
Maglite Mini Incandescent is a beloved flashlight that uses two AA-batteries. You might know Maglite for their larger and heavy duty flashlights, which are often mistaken for batons. This one however is a lot smaller, it’ll fit in your pocket with ease. In terms of appearance it doesn’t look very exciting, I know, but Maglite is all about performance rather than looks. If you prefer power over aesthetics, you can’t go wrong with the Maglite Mini Incandescent.
- Completely weather and drop resistant
- Made from high quality materials making it very durable
- Has a 5 hour run time
- Possible to adjust focus, choose between flood light or a laser focused beam
- Can be converted into a candle by flipping it over, see pics for info
- Comes in multiple styles with different colors
- Battery operated using 2 AA batteries
9. Coast HP1
Coast is a well known player in the flashlight game, their HP1 flashlight has almost 2,000 positive reviews on Amazon. The HP1 is a single AA alkaline battery flashlight which outputs 190 lumen. The beam can reach as far as 560 feet. Downside is the battery time, which only lasts about an hour and 15 minutes. Features a patented focusing system which makes adjusting the focus really easy.
- Uses one AA-battery
- Innovative focusing system
- Resistant to both water and impacts
- The body of the flashlight is coated to resist corrosion and rust.
10. ThruNite Archer
This AA flashlight from ThruNite is used by a wide variety of people, law enforcement, security, firefighters, hikers and plenty more. It’s constructed from aerospace aluminum, meaning you can treat it as poorly as you want, it won’t break. It has a light output of 200 lumen at max, but can go down to 0.1 lumen if necessary (which increases the battery life from 3 hours to 17 days!).
- Tough construction will probably outlast you
- 5 different light modes, varying from low to high and strobe
- Uses one AA-battery
- Weather proof
Considerations When Choosing AA Flashlights
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing between the different flashlights on offer. Here are some of the main considerations.
Of course, all of these flashlights run on AA batteries. But, some take more whereas others run on only one. Also check if you can use rechargeable batteries, as well as how easy it is to change the battery in the flashlight.
Some flashlights run through the batteries pretty quickly whilst others give many hours of continuous use. Check how long the battery lasts to ensure you aren’t left in the dark unexpectedly!
Most often, you’ll want the flashlight to be convenient for carrying in a pocket or a backpack, so check the size and weight to ensure it is sufficiently portable.
If the flashlight is being purchased for outdoor use, it might be necessary to ensure it is weatherproof for using during inclement weather conditions.